Reed Van Kamp
Windsor vs Stuart
MOTTO: "nil mortalibus ardui est" , "nothing is impossible for humankind"
FUN FACT: In Windsor, they play chess with mini cupcakes.
HOUSE PETS: Markie Tamerlane - Duck, Castiel Houston - Owl, Cookie Windsor - Puppy
CURRENT PREFECT: Charlie Amos
PAST PREFECTS: Blaine (Acting), Peter (Graduated), Ryan (Graduated)
HOUSE HEAD: Todd Howard
COLORS: Royal blue, splashed with gold.
Things found in Windsor
House wide Hunger Games
They switch it up a lot (adds a challenge when you have to pretend to be from that district) so it doesn’t get boring.
And they don’t really team up (only the Twins do, when they play), and the only time they “team up” is temporarily, when they try to take out Dwight first, because he’s the biggest threat (and they’ve yet to succeed).
They sometimes pretend to hold one among house members, armed with various nerf/paintball/xploderz/whatever-they-get-their-hands on weapons.
- "Windsor might as well have been an exhibit at a museum depicting old world elegance."
- "Art hung on the walls, the floors are carpeted, and the wood furniture looked as though antique dealers would have heart attacks upon seeing them."
- "Curfew is ten on weekdays, eleven on weekends. But if you don't make it, you'll get locked out."
- "Windsor residents not allowed to play RockBand in the common room anymore."
- "They don't have a good track record with pets - Luke's spider lived for a month until Dwight's "familiar" swallowed it. And then the familiar died."
- Kitchen scorched is because: "Um…a little mishap when some people tried to bake a birthday cake…"
- Windsor House is one of the three dormitories at Dalton; housing the most number of Warbler members, whose sanities are often questioned owing to the absurd ongoings that perpetuate the house.
- Upon entering its grand halls, be prepared to hear a fire alarm go off, be nailed in the forehead with a Nerf gun, watch a kid manage to injure himself repeatedly by walking down the hallway, see massive fights over cookies, and maybe have your aura commented on.
- Residents of Windsor, as kooky as they might be, are fiercely loyal friends... if you can live with the crazy.
- Windsor House is also known for the fact that it has housed many distinguished alumnae, and that nearly all its graduates receive admission to an Ivy League school. According to the founder, Herman Dalton, "Windsor Boys break the boundaries".
- Windsor House is located East of the South and Main Building. It is placed more distantly from the Main compared to Stuart and Hanover Houses, in the middle of a clearing of trees. From Windsor, one can see Stuart House and the South and Main, but one cannot see Hanover House.
- According to Charlie, transferring out of Windsor due to “inability to cope with dormitory atmosphere” is now considered a truly legitimate reason by administration and needs no further explanation.
- Prefects are chosen by the students of the House, and teachers are hands off on the matter.
- House initiations are one-by-one for the freshman. The initiated boys are then sworn to secrecy until everyone has been done. If there is 2 freshman to a room, they will be initiated at the same time (may just apply to Windsor)